In its article, the magazine outlined why the Philippines is going to be the new flame of beach lovers all over the world: “For travellers willing to go the extra thousand miles for a deserted beach, the Philippines has around 7,000 of the most heavenly islands in the world. It’s still not the most obvious beach-holiday destination, but it soon will be.”
The magazine shortlisted three places in the country which make Philippine adventure one-of-a-kind: Bicol, Siargao, and Palawan.
Hurray, Philippines! This is really good news and should boost tourism in the country.
I have been around the Philippines and I bet my life on this, there is really no shortage of amazing land and seascape here! Touring around the Philippines just gets you on a different high, literally and figuratively.
I am also particularly proud of the special mention given to Bicol. There is an obvious reference to Donsol, my hometown, when Conde Nast Traveller said “In Bicol, you can swim with the biggest fish in the world, the whale shark.” Yay! 😀
Swimming with the whale sharks is really an adventure of a lifetime that is not just breathtaking, it is also very humbling as well.
For you dear readers, I have collated here previous posts I’ve made about Bicol which should help you with your next trip to this amazing region:
- What’s not to love about Donsol?
- Everything you need to know about swimming with the whale sharks of Donsol
- Fall in love with the fireflies of Donsol
- Surpise your friends with a Donsol adventure
- Road trip around Bicolandia
- Got a weekend to spare in Bicol?
- The world’s most amazing skyscraper is in Bicol
- Dreaming of conquering Mayon Volcano? Here’s how!
- The country’s ultimate beach is in Bicol
- Calaguas: A beach bum’s heaven on earth
- Everything you need to know about Calaguas
- Surviving Caramoan
Bookmark these posts now and plan that one great Bicol adventure soon. Have fun!
Love and light, everyone. Go, juanderlust! 😀
- Photograph courtesy of D. Whitehead.