The spotlight is really on us this 2013!
Just days after being included in Conde Nast Travellers’ destination to watch in 2013 list, our country makes another splash in world tourism as another luxury travel magazine named the Philippines one of the hottest travel destinations this year.
Travel + Leisure, a popular travel magazine based in New York, has highlighted the Philippines, along with countries Costa Rica, Zambia, and Puerto Rico as “the” places to conquer this 2013.
The magazine also made special mention of Palawan. The report says the “archipelago of Palawan, a UNESCO biosphere reserve in the Philippines, just added a resort with a scuba center; hop a two-hour flight from Hong Kong, and you’ll soon be diving with the sea turtles.”
Palawan is really one Philippine jewel that I will not get tire of promoting. I honestly still think to this day that Palawan (and El Nido, for that matter) is the best that the country can offer.
I strongly encourage you guys to set foot in Palawan now before the entire world gets hold of Palawan. I hope the province of Palawan attracts environmetally-aware tourists so the place can retain its beauty in spite of the tourism boom.
Anyway, I have once again collated here previous posts that I’ve made on Palawan. These should be enough to get you desiring a Palawan holiday very soon!
- How to conquer Palawan from Coron to El Nido
- How to conquer Palawan from El Nido to Puerto Princesa
- Five reasons to visit Palawan NOW!
- Why I think El Nido is the best that the country can offer
- El Nido: That crazy little thing called love
- The scene in El Nido
- Coron calling
- Why Coron deserves your attention
- Why not consider Port Barton?
- What to eat when in Puerto Princesa
- Where to eat in Puerto Princesa
What are you waiting for?! Head to Palawan. NOW.
Love and light, everyone. Go, juanderlust! 😀
- Photograph taken with a Sony TX10 digital camera. El Nido – October 2010.